Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Milk and Books and Feel your Hair

Tonight when I went upstairs to tuck Eli in, he had three simple requests: "Mama, I want some milk, AND read books AND let me feel your hair." All three wishes were granted. To clarify, he likes to run my pony tail between his fingers when he is tired or overwhelmed. He is absolutely precious. I got out of my training (I'm going through the State mandated foster care worker training in Redford at the moment) early today and could have had three hours to myself. Instead, I drove to go get my babies at daycare. Nolah weighs about 5 pounds less than her brother, and is an absolute joy as usual. She is going through this kind of frustrating phase of having a complete meltdown whenever I get outside of a 5 foot radius from her. I sometimes pick her up and ask her if she wants to go see her Daddy. She clutches on to me, buries her head into my shoulder, and smirks at Erich as if to say, "Just try to take me from my mama." My kids drive me nuts pretty much every day but I love them to pieces. Have had babies on my mind a lot lately and am starting to think about a third child. Part of me feels guilty - I already have my boy and my girl so why fix what's not broken. On the other hand, I am really not getting the sense that our family is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment