Sunday, August 15, 2010

Zyrtec

I am writing this with 22 pounds of baby girl (finally!) asleep on my chest. She has been waving bye bye and playing peek-a-boo, which is obviously adorable. Unfortunately, I'm laid up on allergy medication. I don't take it unless I'm absolutely miserable, but the mold must be blooming with all of this humidity. The weekend wasn't a total bust though. Eli, Nolah & I spent Friday night at the Frankenmuth Motor Lodge/Bavarian Inn Lodge with Jenelle and Andersen. The kids loved the pool, and Jenelle and I got to catch up over vodka on the balcony after the kids were in bed. We walked to breakfast at T-Dub's the next morning after a 6:00 am wake-up call from Nolah and ended up being caught in what can only be described as a monsoon on the walk back to the hotel. The kids and I couldn't have been any more wet had we jumped into the pool. Afterwards, the kids and I went out to Murphy Lake for a couple hours to see the Baker's and Lance. We got back to Canton just in time to get the kids in jammies and ship them to daycare, which does a "parent's night" once a month. Erich and I had three blissful hours to ourselves. After dinner at Bahama Breeze (almond crusted salmon, sea scallops, mojitos), we got a table at Grape Expectations, a wine bar in Plymouth where we've been several times. Today is disgustingly hot and humid - Erich and Eli are installing a new faucet in the upstairs bathroom while I sleep off my allergy medication. Homeade pizza for dinner I think...lots of herbs and vegetables in the garden to play with.

No comments:

Post a Comment