Sunday, August 8, 2010

Will I Ever get to Sleep?


Lots of summer fun but the consequence is that I'm more tired than I have ever been. It's not a "I stayed up too late last night" kind of tired, but the type of exhaustion that happens over time after compounding nights of little or no sleep over weeks and months. It started with Chris and Caleb's birthday party last weekend, which Alicia and I co-hosted. So - much - fun! Lots of chocolate cake, s'mores by the bonfire, margaritas, a half barrel, and brats on the grill. Eli had a great time with Caleb's nieces, and our friend's little girl. The set-up and clean-up were pretty overwhelming though, and Nolah wakes up at 6:00 am whether I make it to bed at 9:00 pm or 2:00 am that night. I started another training through Department of Human Services this week, which means a full time work schedule. Normally, I show up to work when I can get there, which is sometimes not 'til 10:30ish. Not this month - I need to check in to the training sites in Redford or Detroit by 9:00 am sharp. Our old Turkish-German exchange student, Can, is visiting Frankenmuth with his friend, Robin, for several weeks. I met up with them after work on Tuesday at Greektown and we had dinner, went to the Tiger's game (etc) until quite late. Had to make a trip back to Saginaw the next day for training...and the list goes on and on. Erich has school and work obligations more evenings than not lately and it is beyond words how difficult it is to feed, bathe and put to bed Eli and Nolah without any help, particularly after a full work day. So....sigh. Someday I will resume my 7 hour a night regime...someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment