Monday, August 30, 2010

New Hire!


We FINALLY get to hire somebody at work! I've already scheduled 3 interviews and I think I'm more excited about them than the people who want the jobs. It's been good to be back at the office after all this training, but I'll be back at it in a couple of weeks, and have to commute to and from Lansing :( I got to finalize an adoption on Friday, which makes everything I do worthwhile. I love standing up behind the podium, being sworn in, and making the courtroom break down in tears by my speech about the love between the parents and the child. I rarely get to do it. We spent the weekend in Frankenmuth. Friday night, we had dinner on my parent's patio with my grandparents, my brother, and some of his friends. Then we walked into town. Saturday, I attempted to go shopping in Birch Run, but the stroller I brought for Nolah wouldn't fit into any of the dressing rooms so that effort was thwarted. Erich worked on his grapes, which are being eaten alive by Japanese Beetles. Saturday night, Erich hung out with a friend of his who is in town from Australia. I read Dragon Tatoo and fell asleep early. I have to say that I'm really disappointed with that book - it's just okay for me, a little overhyped, maybe. Sunday, I hit the mall again while Erich took the kids to his parents to swim. I joined them later, but refused to get into the pool due to depression over things that took place in the fitting room. As usual, we got home late Sunday evening, dropped all our stuff, and struggled to get the kids into bed after all the excitement. These trips up north are absolutely exhausting now that we have kids. Ooooh, also I got Nolah's 9 month pictures taken! I had some of them done in a tutu and hair flower I had made myself. When I showed my grandma, she immediately said: "Oh, I don't like that. I'd rather see her in something simple." Erich's mom, as she often does, said: "You almost get better ones with just your own camera." Not only do I disagree with both of them, but I'm really unconcerned with the opinions of others. That's one of the things I like about getting older. I think the tutu pictures are beautiful. This one here is the only one I could get to upload for some reason...not her best, and still not edited.

No comments:

Post a Comment